St. Jimmy Shimmy 5K Run/Walk
Saturday, Sept. 27 • 5 p.m.
St. James Farm Forest Preserve in Warrenville
Whether you’re a competitive runner, a casual walker or a fan of DuPage history, sign up today for the second annual St. Jimmy Shimmy 5K Run/Walk, and help us raise money to restore this historic site. (Click here to see pics from last year.)
Three Fun Events
Guided History Hike
- Evening race (Sleep in for a change!)
- Trail-style course (download map) on multiple terrains through rolling woodlands and meadows and past Kremlin-yellow farm buildings and white-fenced paddocks
- Start and finish lines along the farm’s signature tree-lined allées
- Chip timing, mile-marker clocks and mid-race water stations
- Awards for the top three male and female finishers in age groups 14 and under, 15 – 19, 20 – 27, 28 – 35, 36 – 43, 44 – 51, 52 – 59, 60 – 68, and 69 and up, and for the top three overall male and female runners
- 1 -mile guided walk featuring the natural and cultural history of St. James
(13 and younger)
- A 400-yard fun run with lots of cool obstacles
- Ribbon and holiday gourd for every runner
- Register with a credit card at signmeup.com through Sept. 26.
- You can also register at St. James Farm on race day between 4 and 4:40 p.m. with cash or credit.
- Packet pickup will be at St. James Farm on race day between 4 and 4:40 p.m.
- To make sure everyone has a great time, please read the rules and guidelines at the bottom of this page.
|5K Run/Walk|| || |
|Now – Sept. 13 ||$30|| long-sleeved performance shirt|
|Sept. 14 – 26||$35|| long-sleeved cotton shirt, size not guaranteed|
|Race Day||$40|| long-sleeved cotton shirt if available, size not guaranteed|
| || || |
|History Hike or Steeplechase|| || |
|Now – Sept. 13 ||$15|| short-sleeved cotton shirt|
|Sept. 14 – 26||$20|| short-sleeved cotton shirt, size not guaranteed|
|Race Day||$25|| short-sleeved cotton shirt if available, size not guaranteed |
On Race Day
Park at the St. James Farm Forest Preserve lot on Hoy Avenue. Click here for a map.
| 4 p.m. || Packet pickup and race-day registration begins|
| 4:40 p.m.|| Packet pickup and registration ends|
| 5 p.m.|| 5K begins |
| 5:05 p.m. || Guided history hike begins|
| 6 p.m.|| Kids steeplechase begins|
| 6:30 p.m.|| Awards and refreshments |
| 7:40 p.m.|| St. James Farm Forest Preserve closes|
Rules and Regulations
- All registrations are final. If you do not participate or if the Forest Preserve District cancels the event for any reason, there are no refunds.
- The Forest Preserve District may delay or cancel the event if it feels that the weather or other conditions threaten participants’ safety.
- You cannot transfer your registration or give, sell or exchange your bib number with another person.
- By registering, you verify that you’re in good health and are physically prepared to take on the challenge of a 5K. If you are injured or have a health concern while on the course, you are responsible for seeking help from a water-station volunteer or course marshal.
- The Forest Preserve District reserves the right to reject any application or disqualify or remove any individual from the course at its discretion for cheating, falsifying information, deviating from the course or behaving in any other inappropriate manner.
- You must be able to finish the 5K within one hour. If you’re walking, you can walk any nontimed distance you wish.
- Dogs, skates, bikes, pacers and bandits are not permitted in the 5K.
- Bib-chipped timing is only available for 5K runners, who must wear their bibs during the race.
- Headphones, portable music players and similar devices are strongly discouraged. They may impair your ability to hear, use proper judgment or detect potential hazards on the course.
- If you’re in the 5K, you cannot run or walk more than two abreast, and you must stay to the right and allow faster runners to pass on your left. Once you cross the finish line, you and any spectators must move away from the finish line to prevent crowding.
- Because the forest preserve is open to the public during the event, you must practice proper trail etiquette and be courteous to other participants and visitors.
- All participants and visitors must leave the forest preserve by one hour after sunset.
- Alcohol is prohibited on Forest Preserve District property.
- Participants and visitors must place event-related garbage in the on-site garbage or recycling bins.
- The Forest Preserve District is not responsible for anyone’s personal property or for any lost or stolen items.
- All other Forest Preserve District regulations apply.