St. Jimmy Shimmy 5K Run/Walk
Saturday, Sept. 28
St. James Farm Forest Preserve in Warrenville
Whether you’re a competitive 5K runner, a determined walker or a fan of DuPage history, sign up today for the inaugural “St. Jimmy Shimmy 5K Run/Walk.”
• Evening race (Sleep in for a change!)
• Trail-style course through rolling landscape
• Long-sleeved performance shirts (early registration only)
• Post-race refreshments, awards, raffle and equine demonstration
• Proceeds to support restoration work at St. James Farm Forest Preserve
Three Family-Friendly Events
5K Run or Walk
This new trail-style course gives runners an experience unlike any in the area!
• Hilly course through woodlands, meadows and fields and past the forest preserve’s Kremlin-yellow farm buildings and white-fenced paddocks
• Grass, dirt, mowed-alfalfa and gravel trails with prominent mile markers
• Start and finish lines along the farm’s signature tree-lined allees and a midrace water station
• Awards for the top three male and female finishers in age groups 14 and under, 15 – 19, 20 – 27, 28 – 35, 36 – 43, 44 – 51, 52 – 59, 60 – 68, and 69 and up and to the top three overall male and female runners
• A fun run for kids 13 and under with lots of cool obstacles (400 yards, 1200 feet)
Guided History Hike
• A one-mile guided walk that features the natural and cultural history of St. James Farm
Race-day parking will be at the St. James Farm Forest Preserve lot on Hoy Avenue. From westbound Butterfield Road, take Madison Street north to Hoy Avenue west to the forest preserve.
3:30 p.m. Packet pickup and same-day registration begins (ends promptly at 4:40 p.m.)
5 p.m. 5K begins
5:05 p.m. Guided history hike begins
6 p.m. Kids steeple chase begins
6:30 p.m. Refreshments, awards, raffle and equine demonstration
7:45 p.m. Forest preserve closes (tentative)
Online Sept. 19 at 12 a.m. through Sept. 27 at 11:59 p.m
Ages 14 and older $35 (includes long-sleeved cotton shirt, size not guaranteed)
Ages 13 and under $15 (includes long-sleeved cotton shirt, size not guaranteed)
Same-Day at pavillion Sept. 28 from 4 to 4:40 p.m.
Ages 14 and older $40 (includes long-sleeved cotton shirt if available, size not guaranteed)
Ages 13 and under $20 (includes long-sleeved cotton shirt if available, size not guaranteed)
To Register (Online registration ends at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27)
Before Sept. 28 Visit the “St. Jimmy Shimmy” page on itsracetime.com. We strongly recommended that
participants preregister to alleviate race-day congestion.
On Sept. 28 Visit the registration table near the starting line between 4 and 4:40 p.m.
• Participants can pick up packets from 3:30 to 4:40 p.m. at the St. James Farm Forest Preserve parking lot on Hoy Avenue on Saturday, Sept. 28.
• All participants must submit individual signed waivers when they pick up their packets (please bring with you to speed up check-in times).
• To ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience, please print and read the St. Jimmy Shimmy guidelines.