Seasonal Closures in the Preserves
Heads up on the following winter closures in our preserves!
We close a number of parking lots and latrines Dec. 1 ‒ Feb. 28 for safety reasons and to focus staff and resources on snow/ice removal and trail grooming in high-use areas of the preserves. The plan allows us to open off-leash dog areas and winter sports facilities as soon as safely possible.
All areas of the preserves remain open to foot traffic during normal preserve hours; however, some parking lots are not plowed and restroom facilities are closed in the back areas in winter months.
Below is a list of closures by preserve:
● The beginner and interactive archery ranges will be closed through April 17. The advanced range is open.
● Road system and lot closed from the campground entrance back.
● Boat launch area closed until ice is off Silver Lake.
● Hawthorne Grove latrines closed.
● East shelter latrines closed.
● Family campground latrine and camp shower building locked for season.
● Portable toilet available in winter sports lot.
CHURCHILL WOODS, Glen Ellyn: Crescent parking lot closed and portable toilet removed. Shelter latrines closed; portable toilet available in central lot.
CRICKET CREEK, Addison: Model boat lot closed.
FULLERSBURG WOODS, Oak Brook: Interpretive trail latrines closed.
FULLERTON PARK, Addison: Portable toilet removed.
GREENE VALLEY, Naperville:
● North three-quarters of north lot closed.
● East and West latrines at Greene Valley North closed; portable toilet available at the front dog lot.
● Greene Valley Overlook portable toilet removed end of November and will be returned in mid-April 2017.
MALLARD LAKE, Hanover Park: East half of lot will be blocked off with snow piles after the first snow plowing.
MC DOWELL GROVE, Naperville: Back lot closed.
PRATT'S WAYNE WOODS, Wayne:
● Road system and back lots closed off just beyond the circle parking lot.
● Youth camping area accessible via the Powis Road cable gate.
● Scout latrines closed (opened only for permits).
SALT CREEK PARK, Addison: North three-quarters of the lot closed; back latrines closed.
SPRINGBROOK PRAIRIE, Naperville: Old dog lot closed.
SPRING CREEK RESERVOIR, Bloomingdale: East section of lot closed.
WEST BRANCH, Bartlett: Back half of main lot closed for snow storage; Fair Oaks lot closed.
WEST CHICAGO PRAIRIE, West Chicago: Lot closed for winter; portable toilet removed for winter.
WEST DU PAGE WOODS, West Chicago: West half of lot barricaded and blocked with snow piles after first snow plowing event.
WOOD DALE GROVE, Wood Dale: North section of parking lot closed; north latrine closed.
YORK WOODS, Oak Brook: North lot closed; north latrines closed.