Win Exciting Outdoor Experiences and L.L. Bean Gear While Discovering DuPage Forest Preserves
Enter to win by sharing photos from “Discovery Challenge” through Sept. 30
(June 6, 2019) — Visit DuPage forest preserves and share your photos from eight “challenges” for a chance to win exciting experiences and cool outdoor gear in the “DuPage Forest Preserves Discovery Challenge”
through Sept. 30.
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is teaming up with L.L. Bean in Oak Brook, one of its community partners, to offer this exclusive contest.
Participants can choose their challenge, take photos in DuPage forest preserves and submit their photos at dupageforest.org
. Winners will be chosen from eligible entries in random drawings on July 1, Aug. 1, Sept. 2, Oct. 1 and Oct. 4. Complete contest rules, entry forms and a gallery of photo submissions are also available at the same contest link
Grand prizes include a camping package with a $250 L.L. Bean gift card, tent, sleeping bag, backpack, and weekend stay at the Blackwell Family Campground
or a kayak package with kayak, paddle, life jacket, and guided kayaking tour.
The contest has eight challenge activities. Visitors can enter each more than once, but multiple entries for the same challenge must be at different preserves.
● Head for the Lake. Discover more than 30 DuPage forest preserve lakes and 45 miles of rivers.
● Visit a Special Destination. Visit up to six special DuPage forest preserve destinations with distinct exhibits and buildings that focus on the county’s natural or cultural history.
● Go to a Program or Event. Attend one or more of the DuPage Forest Preserve District’s nature-related programs and activities for grownups, kids, families and groups and large special events year-round.
● Hit the Trails. Hike, bike or run on 145 miles of DuPage forest preserve trails.
● Explore a Natural Area. Discover the woods, prairies, wetlands that are home to diverse native plants and wildlife in the DuPage forest preserves.
● Relax! Watch a sunset, listen to the birds, practice yoga, or watch the clouds in a DuPage forest preserve.
● Attend an L.L. Bean Clinic.
Get ready for your next outdoor adventure by attending a free in-store clinic at L.L. Bean in Oak Brook
led by a Forest Preserve District naturalist or ranger. Clinics are Essential Knots for the Outdoors (June 15); Tick Identification and Prevention (July 6); Favorite Local Paddling Spots (July 10 or Aug. 3); Wildlife Tracking 101 (July 20); Basic Map and Compass (Aug. 7); and Birding and Binocular Fundamentals (Aug. 17).
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County has been connecting people to nature for more than 100 years. More than 4 million people visit its 60+ forest preserves, 145 miles of trails, six education centers and scores of programs each year. For information, call 630-933-7200 or visit dupageforest.org, where you can also link to the District’s e-newsletter, blog, Facebook, Twitter
and Instagram pages.