Host an Event
The Forest Preserve District offers several settings for business meetings, conferences and seminars, weddings and receptions, or casual lunches.
Danada House in Wheaton is a beautiful location for any special event, meeting or party.
- Danada House’s main level accommodates 150 for cocktails or seats 110.
- A modern 4,000-square-foot all-season atrium with a wooden dance floor, state-of-the-art lighting and climate control accommodates 250 guests. Its large windows connect guests to the surrounding landscape and garden.
- Outdoor space for over 200 is available.
- A list of licensed and approved caterers is provided to assist in planning.
- Danada House is owned by the Forest Preserve District and operated by the Friends of Danada, a nonprofit support group. For more details or to schedule a visit, contact 630-668-5392 or email@example.com.
Frederick Graue House
Inspired by the villas of Italy, the Frederick Graue House in Oak Brook is the perfect venue for small private functions. It is situated near Graue Mill, the only operating waterwheel gristmill in Illinois.
- The Graue House accommodates up to 70 and seats 50.
- The maximum occupancy of the grounds is 150, with access to the house limited to 70 at one time.
- A list of licensed and approved caterers and bartenders is provided to assist in planning.
- Graue House is owned by the Forest Preserve District and operated by the DuPage Graue Mill Corporation, a nonprofit support group. For details or to schedule a visit, contact 630-920-9720 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Maple Meadows Grill & Pub
The Maple Meadows Grill and Clubhouse in Wood Dale is a great place to gather before or after a round of golf, watch the game, or host a business meeting or special celebration.
- Maple Meadows Grill & Pub offers a delicious menu with daily specials, a full-service bar, a comfortable atmosphere and a scenic patio.
- The Maple Meadows Clubhouse is also available for luncheons, meetings and parties.
- For rental and restaurant information, call 630-616-8424.
Mayslake Peabody Estate
Mayslake Hall and Event Hall
Mayslake Hall and its event hall are available for private rentals during the year. We can accommodate up to 100 in Mayslake Hall over two spaces or up to 120 for a sit-down dinner in the event hall. We cannot accommodate cocktail-style events.
Mayslake Hall's interior can be booked for film, television or commercial photo shoots, pending availability. Contact our events coordinator at 630-206-9569 or email@example.com.
To purchase a photography permit for external film, television and commercial purposes, call Visitor Services at 630-933-7248 Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The chapel is used year-round for intimate ceremonies.
- The chapel seats 62 people.
- Ceremonies up to 120 people may also take place on the Mayslake Peabody Estate grounds.
- The party renting the chapel is responsible for arranging for a clergy member or officiant, music and flowers.
See some of the most frequently asked questions about Mayslake Hall and Portiuncula chapel rentals
Forest Preserve Picnic Shelters & Areas
Scenic forest preserves provide beautiful backdrops for wedding ceremonies and photographs and special family and group gatherings.
- Outdoor picnic shelters and areas accommodate groups from 50 to 300.
- Per the General Use Regulation Ordinance, several activities require more than picnic permits to reserve sites. They require special-use permits, which you can't purchase online. These activities include fundraisers for charitable, humanitarian, or benevolent causes; contests; training programs or exercises; shows; exhibits of dramatic performances; plays; acts; motion pictures; acrobatic feats; bazaars; sporting events; musical events; ceremonies; children's day camps; or any public meetings, assemblies, demonstrations, or parades, including but not limited to drills or maneuvers, rallies, picketing events, public speeches or addresses, group marches, or political meetings.
To request a special-use permit, call Visitor Services at 630-933-7248 Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at least two full calendar weeks in advance.
- Other locations may be available with a special-use permit. Permits must requested two weeks in advance through Visitor Services at 630-933-7248.
- Visit the picnicking page for a list of shelters, fees and related information.
- To obtain a permit for an outdoor space, call Visitor Services at 630-933-7248 Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.