For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, you must follow these rules and regulations, which the Forest Preserve District may change at any time.
- As the permit holder, you must be at the campground at your set check-in time with your permit and remain on-site for the duration of your group’s stay. Only members of your qualifying youth group with their accompanying leaders can camp at your site.
- You must have adult supervision of one leader 21 or older for every 10 members 17 or younger for the duration of your group’s stay.
- Do not bring alcoholic beverages into the forest preserve or campground; alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Stay near your site after dusk and remain in the campground when the forest preserve is closed (one hour after sunset until one hour after sunrise). Guests must leave by 10 p.m.
- Do not enter another site without permission from an adult leader from that group.
- Do not trench around tents, attach clotheslines or lanterns to trees, or otherwise disrupt the natural environment.
- Do not bring outside firewood or cut or collect live or dead wood. Firewood is provided.
- Keep ground fires within the designated fire ring. Extinguish your fire and make sure it’s cold to the touch before you leave your site.
- Keep your site clean and put trash in the appropriate garbage or recycling containers. After you pack up, make sure your site looks as it did when you arrived.
- If you use stereos or similar equipment, only do so between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. and only at volumes that do not disturb others. Use gasoline or diesel engines or generators only during these times as well. Keep all noise to a minimum after 10 p.m.
- If you bring pets, stay with them at all times; do not tie them to any trees, plants, buildings or equipment; always keep them leashed and quiet; and pick up any waste.
As a permit holder you agree to abide by these rules and regulations as well as all Forest Preserve District ordinances and administrative orders and state statutes. You also understand that the Forest Preserve District may fine you or revoke your permit without refunding your permit fee if you supply false information on your application or fail to comply with any rules, regulations, ordinances, orders or statutes.