Maple Meadows Golf Course Master Plan
- The Forest Preserve District's board of commissioners approved the master plan on Dec. 5, 2023.
- The project is currently in the Design Development phase for additional refinement and engineering.
- Construction is anticipated during the 2025 and 2026 golf seasons.
The purpose of the project is to update and improve Maple Meadows to:
- Continue to serve the course’s existing audience and attract new audiences.
- Renovate golf infrastructure to allow the course to operate efficiently into the decades ahead.
- Modify golf hole designs to enhance the golf experience, speed up the pace of play, and improve the spacing and buffer between golf areas and adjacent residential communities.
- Better align the course with the District’s mission to provide native habitat, natural areas, and enhanced environmental conditions.
- Reduce impervious surfaces; decrease fragmented natural areas by increasing large blocks of native areas and reducing mowed areas; increase wetlands; and improve the floristic quality of natural areas.
- Update visitor amenities in and around the clubhouse.