Reservations are now being taken for DuPage forest preserve picnic shelters, which open July 10! Due to COVID-19, capacity is limited to 50 people regardless of picnic shelter or area capacity.
Picnicking During COVID-19
- Groups cannot exceed the posted capacity for the shelter or area. Even the largest shelters and picnic areas cannot have more than 50 people.
- Sanitize picnic tables when you arrive or have us do it for a $65 fee. Rangers will sanitize tables no more than an hour before your set arrival time.
- You are responsible for providing hand sanitizer, disinfectants or table coverings for your event.
- Portable and pit toilets are open, but flush restrooms will not be open until late August.
- Practice social distancing. If your guests cannot be 6 feet apart they should wear masks that cover their mouths and noses.
Places You Can Reserve
You can reserve shelters and picnic areas for your group’s exclusive use at several DuPage forest preserves.
Click on a shelter or area photo below for more details on that site.
For fees and information on how to purchase permits, visit our main Picnicking page.